Sunday, January 5, 2014

Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken Legs

The grocery store was having buy 1 get 1 free on the value packs of chicken, so I knew I was gonna be fixing some chicken! By the way, I know that pork loin, or filets of salmon probably look really good, but if you're watching your dollars, get the B1G1 sales! You'll find recipes to make it work, trust me. Back to the point of the story. I needed to fix some different chicken to break up the monotony that is poultry. I don't know if you've caught on to this, but I DO have an Achilles heel. I cannot cook Asian food from scratch, it's an epic fail every time! I know! You're like, "Oh my gawd, I thought you could cook everything. You ruined my perfect dreams of you!". I know, and I'm sorry. But with some store shortcuts, its still perfectly affordable, and let me tell you, it was GOOD!



Teriyaki Chicken:
5 chicken legs, skin off
1/2 a bottle of teriyaki marinade, about 6 ounces
2 scallions, thinly sliced
1 tsp ginger
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 tsp corn starch
Toasted sesame seeds
Water

This is a really simple recipe, though since we're working with chicken legs, it's not one you can leave going and go to work or something. Put the first five ingredients into the crock pot, and stir everything around so it's evenly coated. Cook for 2 hours on high, or four on low. Take the lid off and mix the corn starch with an equal amount of water. Stir it in and leave the lid off on high (whether you cooked it on low or high), for about 30 minutes to an hour. That depends on how thick you want your sauce. Serve with steamed rice and extra sauce from the crock pot. Top with extra chopped scallions and toasted sesame seeds. This is a gorgeous one to serve as well. If you wanted to, you could leave out the ginger, scallions, lemon, and sesame seeds. Those are extras, so if you strip it down, this recipe is even more affordable!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment